You have no items in your shopping cart.
Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine Product specifications
Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine is a dermal filler that is indicated for correcting moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as marionette lines and nasolabial folds, and for lip augmentation. Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine is manufactured via NASHA Technology, a state-of-the-art manufacturing process that gives this gel the physical properties that make it ideal for effectively treating the signs of aging. This version of Restylane contains lidocaine, an anesthetic agent, for optimal patient comfort during treatment.
What Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine is formulated to do
Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine is a gel that is implanted into the middle to deep dermis for the purposes of counteracting major signs of aging, such as facial wrinkles, lines, and folds. When injected into the skin, this hyaluronic acid gel acts to attract and retain water molecules at the treatment site, resulting in a creation of volume that smooths and plumps skin. This version of Restylane is supplemented with lidocaine to reduce injection pain for patients.
The manufacturer of Restylane is Galderma, a global pharmaceutical company that specializes in providing solutions in the field of dermatology.
This facial filler is manufactured in Europe.
What else you need to know
When can Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine cause side effects?
As with all dermal injection procedures, treatment with Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine can result in adverse events. Usually, these effects are expected injection-related reactions, such as swelling, bruising, erythema, lumps, pain, and tenderness. These effects should dissipate on their own within a few days after injection into the skin and within a week after injection into the lips. Rarer but more severe effects include infection, inflammatory infections, discoloration, and the formation of nodules and papules. This may not be a complete list of side effects. Refer to the package insert for a full list of side effects, warnings, and contraindications. If any adverse effects are prolonged or worsen, your patient should contact you or another medical professional.
Which skin type is Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine good for?
This cosmetic injectable is suitable for all skin types. This soft tissue filler is ideal for patients with aging or mature skin and are seeking to soften the wrinkles and folds on their face in a non-invasive treatment.
What is Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine made without?
Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine is made of nonanimal-derived hyaluronic acid, a material that is generally better tolerated in patients than hyaluronic acid derived from avian sources.
Has the FDA approved Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine?
The FDA has approved Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine, and this product is CE-marked as MDD 93/42/EEC.
What are the differences between the products in the Restylane line?
The Restylane line of dermal fillers contain an assortment of products meant to achieve different results. Other products in the Restylane line include Restylane-L, Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane Silk, Restylane Refyne, and Restylane Defyne.
- The injection techniques used are crucial to the success of the treatment.
- Only authorized personnel who meet the requirements of local legislation should administer Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine.
- Before starting treatment, brief the patient on the expected results, indications, precautions, and potential unintended events related to treatment with Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine.
- Administer Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine with a suitable needle, such as a 29G thin-walled needle, or an appropriate alternative, such as a 27–28G blunt cannula.
- Attach the needle/cannula to the prefilled syringe in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cleanse the area to be treated with an appropriate antiseptic.
- Prior to injection, prime the needle with product.
- Using the appropriate injection technique, inject this product into the middle to deep dermis if injecting into the skin or into the submucosa if performing lip augmentation.
- Lightly massage the treated area after the injection to ensure the even distribution of the product.
Restylane 0.5ml with Lidocaine is a sterile, transparent gel consisting of 20mg/ml of stabilized, non-animal-derived hyaluronic acid, 3mg/ml of lidocaine hydrochloride, and phosphate buffered saline.
What is in the box?
- 1 prefilled syringe containing 0.5ml of solution
- 1 sterile 29G½” needle
- Package insert
- Patient record labels
Duration of action
The duration of action depends on a number of factors, including the area of treatment and the individual’s lifestyle, metabolism, and skin type. Generally-speaking, this product typically lasts for a period of 6 to 9 months.
Store this skin filler in in its original packaging in an environment that has a temperature of up to 25°C. Do not freeze this product and keep it out of sunlight.
Expiry (shelf life)
- The expiry date of the product can be found on the packaging.
- Do not use this product if the product’s expiration date has passed.