You have no items in your shopping cart.
JUVEDERM® VOLBELLA with Lidocaine 2x1ml
Juvederm Volbella Product Specifications
Juvederm Volbella is an injectable dermal filler that has been approved by the FDA for augmenting the lips and correcting perioral lines in adults over the age of 21. Juvederm Volbella contains hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally occurring substance in the body that supplies nutrients and increase skin hydration by attracting water molecules, as its active ingredient. A small amount of lidocaine is also added to minimize the discomfort of patients during the injection process. Aside from increasing lip fullness, Juvederm Volbella also improves the appearance of vertical lines around the mouth—which are also known as perioral rhytids and, more colloquially, as smoker’s lines. This temporary implant is biodegradable, which means it will be fully absorbed by the skin as time progresses and will leave no trace of the medication. Touch-up treatments are recommended for patients who want to maintain the beneficial effects of this filler.
What is Juvederm Volbella formulated to do?
The unique formulation of Juvederm Volbella is enhanced through proprietary Vycross Technology. In 2013, Allergan introduced this technology, which involves combining both high- and low-molecular-weight HA to boost their cross-linking efficiency. This, in turn, makes Juvederm Volbella more effective in diminishing lines around the mouth, correcting asymmetry, and plumping the lips.
When injected directly into the lips or around the lip area, Juvederm Volbella enhances the outline of the lips and smoothens the appearance of lines. Unlike other dermal fillers intended for lip augmentation, the results from Juvederm Volbella look more natural and lasts almost twice as long.
Juvederm Volbella is manufactured by Allergan and is manufactured in Europe.
What else you need to know
Common side effects associated with the treatment
In one clinical study, the majority of patients experienced side effects that lasted within a span of 30 days. Very few participants experienced side effects that lasted more than 30 days. The following is a non-exhaustive list of common adverse reactions related to the use of this filler.
- Lumps or nodules
Which skin type is it good for?
Juvederm Volbella is safe for injection on all skin types, including dry, sensitive, and oily skin. Given its indications, Juvederm Volbella is especially ideal for patients that have fine lines around their mouths, which are also known as perioral lines. Juvederm Volbella is also ideal for patients that have thinning lips, as it improves the look of said lips by augmenting the lip outline and plumping the lips without making it look puffy or bulky.
Precautions and contraindications
Skin testing is not required prior to injection because the injectable gel filler is made of non-animal-derived hyaluronic acid. When administered properly and injected with suitable injection technique(s), Juvederm Volbella is generally a safe and effective treatment for adults over the age of 21. However, this filler should not be used on the following individuals:
- Patients who are allergic to any components of the medication;
- Patients with acute or chronic skin infection or inflammation;
- Patients taking NSAIDs and anti-coagulant medications;
- Pregnant or lactating women.
Awards and certification
Juvederm Volbella recently received FDA certification in the United States for perioral rhytids correction and lip augmentation. It also received the Best of Beauty Breakthrough award from Allure Magazine in 2017.
Juvederm Volbella is a crystal-clear gel filler supplied in individual treatment syringes. Do not use if the packaging is not intact. Do not resterilize.
- The patient must be fully advised of the indications, warnings, contraindications, and potential adverse reactions of this filler.
- Supplementary anesthetic creams may be used for additional pain management.
- Wash the treatment area using soap and water and disinfect it with alcohol or another antiseptic solution prior to injection.
- Inject the gel formulation into the lip and perioral area using a 30G needle.
- Upon the completion of the injection process, the treated area should be gently massaged to ensure the even conformation of the filler with its surrounding tissues.
Juvederm Volbella is a smooth, clear, colorless, hyaluronic acid filler that contains 0.3% lidocaine hydrochloride in a physiologic buffer. Its active ingredient, hyaluronic acid, is formulated to a concentration of 15mg/ml.
What is in the box
- Two sterile, prefilled syringes that each contain 1ml solution
- One sterile, single-use 30G½” needle
- Traceability labels
- Package insert
Duration of effect
This innovative and gentle lip filler provides highly satisfying results that last for up to 12 months. The areas around the mouth are difficult to correct using traditional fillers, but many patients and physicians have found that the amazing and long-lasting effects of Juvederm Volbella are more advantageous than other existing temporary lip implants for treating such an area.
The packaging of this product must be kept in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Store it at a temperature between 2℃ and 25℃. Freezing it is not recommended.
Expiry (shelf life)
- Juvederm Volbella can be stored for up to 2 years from manufacturing date when kept unopened in its original packaging.
- Verify the expiration date on the product label before use. Do not use a package of Juvederm Volbella if it has expired.