You have no items in your shopping cart.
Jalupro is an intradermal injectable solution that has been formulated with a unique combination of hyaluronic acid and a group of lyophilized amino acids (glycine, L-Proline, L-Leucine, and L-Lysine). Unlike other facial fillers, it acts as a dermal biorevitalizer. As such, it is capable of improving overall skin texture and minimizing the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles, as well as enhancing the effects of physical and chemical treatments.
What Jalupro is formulated to do
Jalupro is a safe and effective treatment for superficial and moderate facial lines and wrinkles. It is also indicated as an adjuvant therapy for cosmetic and dermatological treatments, such as dermabrasion, chemical peeling, dermal implants, botulinum toxins, radiofrequency, and laser therapy.
Jalupro dermal biorevitalizer contains hyaluronic acid as an active ingredient. This naturally occurring substance keeps the interstitial spaces between the body’s cells lubricated, and thus assists with overall hydration of the dermis. The addition of amino acids makes this filler unique: its glycine, L-Proline, L-Leucine, and L-Lysine assist in fortifying the skin’s fibroblasts, which are responsible for producing collagen and repairing the skin. By stimulating these cells, this formula revives the healthy and youthful appearance of dull, dehydrated, and photo-damaged skin.
This formula is manufactured in Switzerland by Professional Derma SA.
This product is from Lugano, Switzerland, and is distributed in more than 20 countries.
What else you need to know
Common side effects associated with the treatment
Common side effects of this treatment are often mild and self-limiting. 1 or more of the following symptoms may last from a couple of days or up to 1 week:
- Pain or tenderness;
- And temporary loss of sensitivity at the injection site.
If these issues become persistent or painful, patients should seek medical attention. This is not an exhaustive list of all side effects associated with this treatment. For more information, please consult the included product leaflet.
Which skin type is it good for?
This filler works well in mature, dehydrated, and aging skin with lines, wrinkles, and depressions. When administered alongside physical and chemical treatments (e.g., dermabrasion, peeling, and laser therapy), it has been found to enhance and prolong their effects.
Precautions and contraindications
Generally, Jalupro does not contain allergenic ingredients. However, it has not been tested on individuals with a history of multiple hypersensitivity reactions, and is not intended for individuals with a known allergy to any of its ingredients. It is also not recommended for treating children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, and those with existing silicone implants near the site of injection.
Awards and certification
The efficacy and safety of Jalupro dermal fillers have been verified by various clinical studies. This implant is approved as a medical device, in conformity with Regulation 93/42lСЕЕ MDD.
Each package contains 1-1.5ml syringe and 1-1ml bottle of amino acid solution. The packaging comes with a removable label that should be applied on the patient’s medical record. Do not use if the packaging appears open, damaged, or tampered with.
- This filler can be administered into the skin of your patient’s face, neck, decolletage, the backs of their hands, inner thighs, underarms, and knee areas.
- Prior to administration, 1 vial of sodium hyaluronate must be injected into 1 bottle of the amino acid mixture. The resulting solution must be clear and devoid of particles.
- Prior to treatment, clean and disinfect the area following proper aseptic techniques.
- The use of an anesthetic cream is recommended 30 minutes prior to injection, as this will help to improve patient comfort.
- Slowly inject the solution in the papillary or reticular dermis, and then gently massage the area for even distribution of the gel implant.
Jalupro contains 30mg of sodium hyaluronate or hyaluronic acid (HA) as an active ingredient in a highly purified gel solution. The HA in Jalupro is mainly derived from microbial fermentation, rather than from rooster combs. This eliminates the need for skin allergy tests prior to treatment. Additional ingredients include 50mg of glycine, 37.6mg L-Proline, 5.4mg L-Lycine monohydrochloride, 7mg L-Leucine, and 3ml water for injection.
What is in the box?
- 2 sterile vials of sodium hyaluronate (30 mg)
- 2 sterile bottles of amino acids in freeze-dried mixture form (100 mg)
- Removable labels
- 1 package insert
Duration of effect
The optimum benefits of Jalupro become more evident a few months after treatment. Though results may vary from 1 patient to another, the average duration of this treatment’s effects is about 6 months.
Due to the delicate nature of its ingredients, Jalupro should be stored in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight. It should be kept at a temperature between 2℃ and 25℃.
Expiry (shelf life)
- Any unopened package is viable for up to 2 years from the date of manufacture.
- Once the mixture of amino acids and hyaluronic acid has been reconstituted, any remaining solution must be discarded.