You have no items in your shopping cart.
Intraline Cog Threads are essentially threads that are barbed in a spiral pattern and hook to the underside of the skin to offer a solid grip. By forming structural support, these threads help to lift sagging skin. The threads also help to regenerate collagen, which further tightens the skin. Intraline Cog Threads also work against other signs of aging such as lines and wrinkles. Once inserted, they brighten the overall complexion while helping to treat skin imperfections such as enlarged pores. This product is manufactured by Intraline, a global aesthetics company headquartered in London, England. Intraline Cog Threads are suitable for both women and men and can be used in patients of all age. Intraline Cog Threads are available in foil packs of 20.
- Minimizes large facial pores and helps improve skin tone
- Shown to deliver results instantly
- Offers durable results that can last up to two years
- Can lift (and reposition) sagging tissues by working as a form of structural support
- Shown to promote hyaluronic acid synthesis
- Can boost the moisture level of the skin
- Helps regenerate collagen (types I and II)
- Helps to accelerate the natural healing process of the skin and reduce inflammation
- Can enhance skin texture
- Helps to correct the look of wrinkles, lines, and folds
- Shown to stimulate the production of elastin, a skin component that maintains elasticity
- Can brighten the overall complexion for a more youthful appearance
- Shown to promote lymphatic drainage and blood circulation
- Shown to be resistant to bacterial growth due to the even surface of the threads having no recesses or furrows
- Do not need external lifting mechanism or a heating device
- Known to cause minimal downtime
- Not shown to cause tissue damage
The key ingredient of Intraline Cog Threads is polydioxanone, which is otherwise known as PDO.
PDO is a polymer made of numerous p-dioxanone monomers. It has many medical applications. For example, this substance is used as an implant in orthopedics and can increase cell cohesion in heart surgeries. PDO is known to have collagen-regenerating properties. This makes PDO an ideal ingredient in face threads. Produced through a chemical process called polymerization, PDO has been shown to be completely biocompatible and biodegradable. About 180 days (six months) after treatment, the compound has been shown to be gradually decomposed into smaller monomers. PDO is generally well tolerated and has an excellent safety profile.
- Insert Intraline Cog Threads into the subcutaneous layer to achieve the desired lifting effects. The number of threads required differ from one treatment site to another, but many treatment sites require 10 to 20 threads.
- Using a cannula is recommended for thread insertion.
- While easy to use, Intraline Cog Threads should be inserted by an experienced, licensed practitioner. Poor administration technique can result in skin bruises and other reactions (see Side Effects).
- Intraline Cog Threads can be used in combination with Mono Threads.
- While recovering from a thread lift, patients should not take any supplements containing fish oil, omega, vitamin, or ginkgo. They should also avoid taking Chinese medicines or alcoholic drinks.
- Thread misalignment may occur if pressure is exerted to the face. Therefore, patients should avoid sleeping face down.
- Within two to three days of the insertion procedure for Intraline Cog Threads, patients should not perform any vigorous activities.
- If patients cannot tolerate swelling, stop adding new threads to the treatment site.
- Prior to treatment, assess the medication history of patients carefully. Do not use Intraline Cog Threads if patients meet any of the criteria for contraindication.
Intraline Cog Threads are not known to cause significant side effects. That being said, some patients may develop minor skin reactions after using Intraline Cog Threads. These side effects include but are not limited to swelling, soreness, and bruising.
In addition, Intraline Cog Threads can potentially cause salivary duct damage and nerve damage.
Most of the side effects associated with the use of Intraline Cog Threads above are mild and self-limiting. This means they will go away without treatment. This list of side effects is by no means exhaustive. Intraline Cog Threads could cause other reactions other than the ones listed here. Refer to Intraline Mono Threads’ package insert for the complete list of its potential side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Intraline Cog Threads?
Intraline Cog Threads are PDO threads barbed in a specific pattern.
How do I use this product?
Intraline Cog Threads should be used in the same way as Mono Threads. Insert them into several layers of the skin, and then cut off any excess thread. Use Intraline Cog Threads in the forehead, neck, jowl, under the eyes, eyebrows, and jawline. Prior to use, read the instructions thoroughly. Contact the manufacturer if you have any question about the usage directions.
When should I use this product?
While reasonably long-lasting, Intraline Cog Threads do not deliver permanent results. Sagging may re-occur one to two years after the insertion procedure. The duration of action of Intraline Cog Threads may vary among patients on the basis of their skin type, age, rate of aging, and lifestyle. Some practitioners repeat the insertion procedure six to nine months after the first treatment so as to prolong the actions of the PDO threads.
Why do doctors use this product?
Doctors often use this thread product to help correct nasolabial folds (laugh lines), nasojugal folds, wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet), and wrinkles around the mouth. Intraline Cog Threads are also used for treating a double chin and contouring the lips and body. Most importantly, they can be used to help lift sagging skin, one of the hallmarks of aging.
How does this product work?
The threads work by immediately providing structural support upon insertion. They also help to trigger collagen production. The collagen acts as an additional form of structural support to help lift sagging tissues and make patients look younger. Intraline Cog Threads also minimize the look of wrinkles by helping to increase the level of hyaluronic acid (HA) in the skin.
Can this product be combined with other treatments?
You may use Intraline Cog Threads in conjunction with Intraline Mono Threads.
How do I store this product?
Store this product at the recommended temperature to prevent snapping and any other malfunction.
How do I know this product is genuine?
Intraline Cog Threads are procured from the manufacturer. They come in the original packaging, which is securely sealed.