You have no items in your shopping cart.
Durolane is an orthopedic injection that contains stabilized hyaluronic acid of non-animal origin. Designed to be used as a single injection, it dramatically reduces knee pain in osteoarthritis patients by lubricating and cushioning the joint. Formulated using the patented NAHSA technology, the orthopedic injection has a prolonged duration of action, providing durable pain relief for osteoarthritis patients
What Durolane is formulated to do
Formulated with high performance hyaluronic acid, Durolane is injected intra-articularly into to synovial fluid to relieve knee pain resulted from osteoarthritis. It is especially useful in patients who are responding inadequately to conventional pain management methods such as oral analgesics and physical therapy. The treatment can be repeated as required. The orthopedic injection may eliminate the need for knee replacement surgery in the long term. Formulated using the novel NAHSA technology, Durolane is longer-lasting than conventional formulations, providing prolonged analgesia for osteoarthritis patients.
Durolane injection is manufactured by Q-Med. Since its inception in 1987, the company has been pioneering the aesthetic medicine industry. Through in-depth research, Q-Med actively develops and manufactures medical implants for medical and aesthetic uses. It also owns the highly popular Restylane and Macrolane VRF lines. Headquatered in Uppsala, Sweden, the company’s products are available worldwide through an extensive distribution network.
Durolane is produced by Q-Med, a medical device company based in Uppsala, Sweden.
What else you need to know
The orthopedic injection is scientifically proven to effectively reduce knee pain and restore mobility. While the injection is generally safe, it may occasionally cause side effects like injection site swelling and pain. Using pure hyaluronic acid as its key ingredient, Durolane is formulated without endotoxins or other potentially-harmful elements.
- Durolane is injected intra-articularly into the synovial fluid in the joint for pain relief. Thanks to its innovative formulation, only a single injection is required for each treatment (other brands may require three to five injections).
- Sterilize the injection site prior to administration. After removing the protective cap, attach the needle to the syringe.
- Inject the contents of syringe into the synovial fluid of the joint. Dispose of the used needles after use, as they are intended for one-time use only.
Durolane contains hyaluronic acid as its active ingredient. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring element commonly found in cartilage and skin. When injected into the synovial fluid, it supplements the degraded hyaluronic acid, thereby cushioning and lubricating the joint. Acting as a visco-supplement, hyaluronic acid reduces friction and reduce stiffness in movement. More importantly, it alleviates knee pain in osteoarthritis patients.
Produced using the cutting-edge NAHSA technology, Durolane contains stabilized hyaluronic acid that has a longer duration of action. Natural hyaluronic acid has lubricating and protective effect on joints. However, in disease state, the natural hyaluronic acid are decomposed and diluted. By mimicking the properties of natural hyaluronic acid, the orthopedic injection is able to replenish the lost hyaluronic acid in the joint, hence relieving knee pain.
What is in the box
- One 3ml pre-filled syringe (a single-injection orthopedic treatment for knee pain in osteoarthritis. Acting as a visco-supplement, it cushions and lubricates the joint by replenishing the degraded hyaluronic acid)
- Product insert (contains comprehensive information on indications, dosage, precautions and storage methods)
Duration of effect
Using the ground-breaking NAHSA technology, the stability of hyaluronic acid in Durolane injections are much higher than other orthopedic injections on the market. The pain-relieving effects may last up to six months, although individual results may vary. Despite having a prolonged duration of action, the naturally-occurring hyaluronic acid will eventually be decomposed and excreted, leaving no trace in the body.
To preserve its potency, Durolane injection should be kept at 2 to 25 ° C away from intense sunlight. Do not freeze the injection. Keep the orthopedic injection in its original sterile packaging. Strict compliance with the storage conditions will ensure the safety and efficacy of active ingredients.
Expiry (shelf life)
- The expiration date can be found on the packaging. Do not use the injectables after the expiry date.
- Hyaluronic acid in the orthopedic injections may naturally degrade over time. Good storage practice may prolong the shelf life of the injections.