You have no items in your shopping cart.
Bocouture® 100U Vial
- Helps correct moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows.
- From the makers of Xeomin® which treats cervical dystonia, blepharospasm, and upper limb spasticity.
- Highly pure formula to reduce bacterial proteins which can trigger antibody formation.
- An alternative botulinum toxin to Botox®.
Active ingredient: Botulinum toxin type A from Clostridium botulinum bacteria, free of complexing proteins. Inactive ingredients: human albumin, sucrose.
- Botulinum toxin: This neurotoxin temporarily blocks the release of acetylcholine, which prevents muscle movement.
- Lay out plastic-lined paper towels to catch any spills while reconstituting the powder.
- Draw 2.5 ml unpreserved sodium chloride 9 mg/ml (0.9%) solution into a syringe to reconstitute 100 units of Bocouture®. This will give a 40 units/ml concentration.
- Insert the 20-27 G short bevel needle through the vial's rubber stopper vertically, then gently inject the solvent into the vial. If the vacuum does not pull in the solution, discard the vial
- Remove syringe from vial and carefully swirl and invert the vial to mix.
- Ensure the solution is clear, colorless, and free of particulate matter.
- If needed, keep needle in vial but use a new sterile syringe to draw up the solution for injection.
- Dispose of any solution stored more than 24 hours and any unused solution after a procedure.
- Autoclave any unused vials and residual solution before disposal or inactivate using 70% ethanol, 50% isopropanol, 0.1% SDS (anionic detergent), diluted sodium hydroxide solution (0.1 N NaOH), or diluted sodium hypochlorite solution (at least 0.1% NaOCl).
- Properly dispose of any used vials, syringes, and other materials used in the procedure.
- If there are any powder spills, wipe up using absorbent material soaked in one of the above solutions, and if there are any solution spills, wipe up using dry, absorbent material then clean using one of the above solutions.
- Do not use if patient is allergic to any ingredients or to another brand of botulinum toxin.
- Only trained members of the medical profession should administer this drug.
- Do not inject during pregnancy unless clearly necessary.
- Use during breastfeeding is not recommended.
- Not suitable for patients with myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome, or another generalized muscle disorder.
- Not suitable for patients under the age of 18 or over the age of 65.
- Do not inject into locations with infection or inflammation.
- Patients should not drive or use machinery if they experience weakness, dizziness, or vision problems.
- Too high a dose or too frequent injections increase the risk of antibodies forming, which could cause the treatment to fail.
- If the powder or solution come into contact with skin, wash with sodium hydroxide or sodium hypochlorite (bleach) solution and plenty of water.
- If powder or solution come into contact with the eyes, rinse thoroughly with water or eyewash.
- The units of different brands of botulinum toxins are not equivalent.
This may not be a full list of precautions to take when using this product. Refer to product leaflet for more information.
- Injection site reactions such as pain, tenderness, itching, swelling, and bruising
- Muscle activity disorders
- Feeling of heaviness in upper face
- Eyelid oedema (accumulation of fluid)
- Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids)
- Eyelid inflammation
- Eye pain
- Blurred vision
- Noises in the ears
- Muscle twitching
- Muscle cramps
- Localized muscle weakness in face (drooping eyebrow)
- Dry mouth
- Flu symptoms
- Nose and throat inflammation
- Tingling sensation
- Light sensitivity
- Dry skin
- Skin nodule
- Swallowing difficulties
- Allergic reaction
- Muscle weakness far from injection site
If patient experiences swallowing, speech, or breathing difficulties, they should seek medical attention immediately. These may not be all the possible side effects. Refer to product leaflet for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bocouture® 100U?
Bocouture® 100U is also known as Xeomin®, but this particular botulinum toxin is meant for cosmetic uses. The toxin is produced by Clostridium botulinum bacteria and is then purified to remove complexing proteins, which can trigger antibody formation and affect the drug's effectiveness. This botulinum toxin works by relaxing muscles, which relaxes the look of wrinkles, much like Botox® and Dysport®.
How do I use this botulinum toxin?
To use this botulinum toxin, inject the reconstituted solution directly into the muscles underlying the wrinkle you are treating. A usual dose is 20 units, with 4 units (0.1 ml) in each of 5 injection sites. The dose can go as high as 30 units.
When should I use this botulinum toxin?
Treatment results are usually visible within two or three days and the results can last up to four months. Do not inject more than 30 units more frequently than every three months.
Why do doctors use Bocouture® 100U?
Plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and other doctors usually use this particular botulinum toxin to treat moderate to severe vertical lines between the eyebrows, lateral periorbital lines, or horizontal forehead lines, which are wrinkles caused by muscle movement.
How does Bocouture® 100U work?
This neurotoxin temporarily blocks the release of acetylcholine, which is a chemical messenger from nerves that signals muscles to move. Without these signals, the muscles relax. This helps relax the look of wrinkles that had formed on the skin's surface. This particular botulinum toxin is purified to remove complexing proteins which can trigger antibody formation. These antibodies can reduce the effectiveness of treatments over time, so removing the proteins can reduce the chance of this happening.
Can this botulinum toxin be combined with other treatments?
To reduce the risk of bleeding, do not combine this botulinum toxin with drugs that prevent blood clotting. Do not use drugs such as spectinomycin or aminoglyside antibiotics, or muscle-relaxing drugs, at the same time as this botulinum toxin because they can increase its effect.
How do I store Bocouture® 100U?
Store the unopened vial below 25° C. After reconstitution, you can store the botulinum toxin in a refrigerator up to 24 hours at 2° - 8° C. Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Where can I buy Bocouture® 100U?
You can order Bocouture® 100U on this website or phone one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives who will be glad to help you. At Raskel Medical, you will always receive authentic cosmetic products at wholesale prices. In addition to our safe and secure online ordering process, you benefit from our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Order now to receive the best bulk price for the cosmetic products you need.
- Xeomin Aesthetic Site
- Botulinum Toxin Information from Merz Aesthetics
- Package Leaflet from Medicines.org.uk
Information about this product that is provided by RaskelMedical.com is only summary and does not cover all of the information about this product.
We offer only genuine products from original manufacturers. All listed brands are the trademarks of their respective owners. We operate independently and without support or affiliation with the manufacturers.